You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
For the crust:
• President Unsalted Butter - 120g
• Flour - 250g
• Eggs - 2
• Salt - 1 tsp
• Cold water - 2 tbsp
For the filling:
• President Mozzarella Cheese, shredded - 250g
• Tomato, sliced - 1
• Cherry tomatoes, cut in halves - 1 cup
• Grape tomatoes, cut in halves - 1 cup
• Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
• Sift the flour in a large bowl. Add salt and mix well.
• In a blender, add the flour mixture, President Unsalted Butter and eggs. Blend until well combined into a soft dough.
• Place the dough in a large bowl. Add water and knead it well.
• Cover the dough with nylon wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Grease the insides of a round tart tray with President Unsalted Butter.
• Spread the dough inside the tray, making sure to cover the sides as well.
• Make holes in the dough using a fork.
• Spread President Mozzarella Cheese all over the dough until completely covered.
• Top with the tomato slices and halves.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)