You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
• President Unsalted Butter - 2 tbsp
• Corn, husked - 2 ears
• Green onions, sliced - 4
• Celery stalk, diced - 1
• Sweet potato, peeled and chopped - 1
• Thyme leaves, chopped - 1 tsp
• Cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
• Salt - 1 tsp
• Black pepper - 1 tsp
• Cornmeal - ¼ cup
• Chicken breast, roasted and shredded - 2 cups
• Milk - ½ cup
• President Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 2 cups
• Broil the corn on a baking sheet for 5 minutes, turning until lightly charred on all sides. Let it cool, then cut off the kernels and put them in a bowl.
• Melt President Unsalted Butter in a pot over high heat.
• Add the green onions, celery, sweet potato, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until softened, stirring continuously.
• Add the cornmeal and continue stirring until lightly toasted.
• Add the corn kernels with 4 cups of water. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the soup thickens slightly.
• Reduce the heat to low. Add the chicken and milk. Cook for 3 minutes.
• Add President Shredded Cheddar Cheese and mix well.
• Season with salt and black pepper. Garnish with green onion.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)