You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
• President Unsalted Butter - 1 tbsp
• Milk - ¾ cup
• Yogurt - ¼ cup
• Sugar - 1⅓ cups
• Semolina - 2½ cups
• Baking powder - ½ tsp
• Vanilla powder - ½ tsp
• President Unsalted Butter, melted - ½ cup
• Coconut, shredded - ⅓ cup
• Sugar syrup
• President Custard (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• Grease a rectangular baking tray (20x30 cm) with President Unsalted Butter.
• Mix the milk with yogurt and sugar in a deep bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
• Mix the semolina with baking powder, coconut and vanilla powder.
• Combine the semolina mixture with the milk mixture.
• Add the melted President Unsalted Butter and mix well until you get a soft, consistent mixture.
• Pour the mixture in the baking tray and flatten the surface with a spatula.
• Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
• Drizzle the sugar syrup over the basbousa and put it back in the oven after turning it off. Leave the oven’s door half-open and let the basbousa cool inside.
• If you wish to add a special twist, spread a layer of President Custard on top of the cake.
• Cut into small squares.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)