You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
Arabic with a modern twist
• Osmalieh vermicelli (kunafa dough) - 1 kg
• President Unsalted Butter, melted - 100g
• White bread - 1 loaf
• President Whipping Cream - 1 cup
• Milk - 2 cups
• Rose water - 2 tbsp
• Ground pistachio, for garnishing
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• Rub the osmalieh dough with melted President Unsalted Butter thoroughly. Set aside.
• Brush a round 15-cm oven tray with President Unsalted Butter. Swirl half the dough in the tray until it is completely covered. Repeat the process with another tray.
• Bake each tray in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
• To prepare the kashta (filling for desserts), cut the bread loaf into small cubes and remove the crust.
• In a large pot, heat milk and President Whipping Cream. Add the bread cubes. Simmer on low heat, stirring continuously. Add rose water before the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
• Spread the kashta on one of the osmalieh discs, and put the second one on top.
• Sprinkle ground pistachio over it. Pour sugar syrup on top.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)