You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
For the dough:
• All-purpose flour - 500g
• Baking powder - 1 tbsp
• Salt - 1 tsp
• Oil - ½ cup
• Water - 1 cup
For the filling:
• President Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - 250g
• President Feta Cheese - 350g
• Fresh thyme, finely chopped - ½ cup
• Egg - 1
• In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt.
• Make a well in the centre. Add oil and water, and mix well. Knead for two minutes until smooth. Divide into small balls. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest for 1 hour.
• In a large bowl, mix President Feta Cheese, President Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, egg white and thyme.
• Flatten the dough balls into a circle.
• Add a tablespoon of the cheese filling in the center of the circle.
• Fold the corners towards the centre to form a triangle. Press the edges to seal it properly. Repeat the process.
• Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the sambousek pieces in batches until crispy and golden brown from all sides.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)