You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
Arabic with a modern twist
• Walnut halves - 100g
• Pistachios - 100g
• Sugar - 3 tbsp
• President Unsalted Butter, melted - 50g
• Mini filo pastry sheets - 15-20
• Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
• Clove powder - ½ tsp
• Salt - ¼ tsp
• Orange zest - ¼ tsp
• Sugar syrup, for garnishing
• Preheat oven to 175°C.
• In a food processor, blend the walnuts, pistachios, sugar, cinnamon powder, clove powder, salt and orange zest.
• Add melted President Unsalted Butter and blend again until the mixture breaks down into small pieces.
• Brush a cupcake tin with melted President Unsalted Butter.
• Line each hole with a sheet of the filo pastry. Brush it with President Unsalted Butter. Line it with two more sheets, brushing each one with the melted butter.
• Fill the filo pastry cups with the nut mixture.
• Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and pour sugar syrup over each cup. Let it cool.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon