You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
For the cake:
• Sugar - 2 cups
• President Unsalted Butter - 200g
• Eggs - 4
• Vanilla powder - 1 tsp
• Lemon zest - 1 tsp
• Flour - 2 cups
• Cocoa powder - 1 cup
• Baking powder - 3 tsp
• Milk or water - 1 cup
For the mascarpone chocolate frosting:
• Mascarpone cheese - 250g
• Cocoa powder - ⅓ cup
• Powdered sugar - ⅓ cup
• President Whipping Cream - 1 cup
For the garnish:
• Fresh berries
• Powdered sugar
• President Custard (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• In a large bowl, mix eggs with vanilla and lemon zest.
• Add sugar, President Unsalted Butter, flour and baking powder, and mix well.
• Add milk and cocoa powder, and mix well.
• Grease two 15-cm cake pans with President Unsalted Butter, and dust them with flour.
• Pour an equal amount of batter in both the pans.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
• For the frosting, whip mascarpone, cocoa and powdered sugar into a creamy mixture.
• Add President Whipping Cream and whisk to desired consistency.
• Spread the frosting on the first cake. Top it evenly with berries.
• Place the second cake on top of the first and repeat the previous step.
• If you wish to add a special twist, spread a layer of President Custard on top of the cake.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your friends and family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)