You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
• Lamb neck - 1 kg
• Italian rice, washed and drained - 3 cups
• Minced lamb - 500g
• Onion, chopped - 1
• Cinnamon powder - 2 tsp
• Allspice - 2 tsp
• Salt - 2 tbsp
• President Unsalted Butter - 2 tbsp
• Bay leaves - 2
• Cardamom pods - 4
• Dried lemon - 1
• Cinnamon sticks - 2
• Whole cloves - 4
• Peeled almonds - ⅓ cup
• Pine nuts - ⅓ cup
• Mix one teaspoon of allspice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one tablespoon of salt.
• Rub the lamb neck thoroughly with the spice mixture.
• Fry the lamb neck in a skillet for 3-5 minutes on all sides.
• Place in a large pot and cover with boiling water.
• Add bay leaves, cardamom pods, dried lemon, and cinnamon sticks.
• Cover the pot and cook for one hour.
• Melt two tablespoons of President Unsalted Butter in a large pan.
• Fry the onion for 2-3 minutes.
• Add the minced meat. Season with 1 teaspoon of allspice, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and one tablespoon of salt. Mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
• Add the rice and pour in the lamb neck broth until the ingredients are completely covered.
• Cover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
• Melt one tablespoon of President Unsalted Butter in a skillet. Fry the almonds and pine nuts until golden brown.
• Spread the rice on a serving platter. Top with the lamb neck. Garnish with the toasted nuts.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)