Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
• Turkey breast - 6-8 slices
• President Emmental Cheese - 6-8 slices
• Tomato puree - 2 tbsp
• Egg, beaten - 1
For the dough:
• Flour - 3 cups
• Corn oil - ½ cup
• Instant yeast - ½ tsp
• Water - 1 cup
• Salt - ½ tsp
• Sugar - ½ tsp
• Mix the yeast with water in a large bowl. Let it stand for a few minutes.
• Whisk in the sugar, oil, and salt.
• Add the flour and mix until it turns into a sticky dough.
• Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in it. Brush the top with olive oil.
• Cover the bowl with nylon wrap and let it rest for 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• Make small balls out of the dough, and flatten each ball.
• Spread a layer of the tomato puree over each dough piece, leaving a 1-cm border around the edge.
• Add a turkey slice, and then put a slice of President Emmental Cheese over it.
• Roll it up and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
• Cut each roll into equal slices.
• Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the rolls on it.
• Brush the rolls with the beaten egg.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)