You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
• President Unsalted Butter - 200g
• All-purpose flour - ½ cups
• Baking powder - ½ tbsp
• Salt - ¼ tsp
• Sugar - ½ cup
• Large eggs - 2
• Vanilla extract - ½ tbsp
• Milk - ½ cup
For the frosting:
• President Whipping Cream - 1 cup
• Mascarpone cheese - 225g
• Powdered sugar - ½ cup
• Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
• Semi-sweet chocolate shavings - 125g
• Ladyfingers (biscuits) - 20
• Cocoa powder, for dusting
• Instant coffee - 2 tbsp
• Hot water - 2 tbsp
• Preheat the oven to 175°C.
• Brush a 22-cm round cake pan with President Unsalted Butter. Line the bottom with parchment paper and brush it with butter again. Dust the pan with flour and remove any excess quantity.
• Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl until it mixes well.
• Using a hand mixer, beat President Unsalted Butter and sugar in a large bowl for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
• Beat in the eggs, one by one. Add the vanilla extract and continue beating.
• Add the flour mixture in batches, alternating with the milk. Continue mixing until you get a smooth batter.
• Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the top is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool.
• In a large bowl, whisk President Whipping Cream until it forms stiff peaks.
• In another bowl, whisk the mascarpone, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
• Dissolve the instant coffee in hot water.
• Using a long sharp knife, cut the vanilla cake in half horizontally.
• Brush the first half with the coffee mixture. Spread frosting all over the cake and sprinkle the chocolate shavings on top.
• Place the second half above the first. Brush the second half with the coffee mixture and spread the frosting on top and on the sides. Dust cocoa power on the cake and top it with the chocolate shavings.
• Arrange the ladyfingers on the frosting all around the cake, spacing them evenly apart. Secure them by tying a ribbon around the cake.
• Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)