You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
For the dough:
• Potatoes - 500g
• Fine bulgur - 2 cups
• Onion, finely chopped - 1
• Salt - 1 tsp
• Black pepper - ¼ tsp
• Cinnamon powder - ¼ tsp
• Cumin powder - ¼ tsp
• Vegetable oil, for frying
For the filling:
• Tomatoes, finely chopped - 2
• Fresh parsley, finely chopped - ½ cup
• President Mozzarella Cheese, shredded - 1 cup
• In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and cook for about 25-30 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the pot. Peel the potatoes, mash them, and set aside.
• In a large bowl, mix the bulgur with half a cup of boiling water.
• In a food processor, add onion, black pepper, cinnamon, and cumin. Mix well.
• Add this mixture to the soaked bulgur. Mix well and set aside for 1 hour.
• For the filling, mix the tomatoes, parsley and President Mozzarella Cheese in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
• Knead the bulgur mixture while gradually adding half a cup of cold water.
• Add the mashed potatoes. Season with salt and mix well.
• Make small balls out of the dough. Make a hole in each ball, stuff with one tablespoon of the filling and seal it. Repeat the process and refrigerate for half an hour.
• Heat the vegetable oil in a pot, over medium heat.
• Fry the kebbeh pieces in batches for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)