You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
Arabic with a modern twist
• Quinoa - 1 cup
• Chickpeas, canned - 400g
• Tomatoes, chopped - 2
• Fresh parsley, finely chopped - ½ cup
• Dates, deseeded and chopped - ½ cup
• Dried raisins - ¼ cup
• Fresh mint leaves, chopped - ¼ cup
• President Triangle Cheese, crumbled - 4 pieces
• Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
• Olive oil - 3 tbsp
• Salt and black pepper
• Rinse the quinoa and drain it well. Cook the quinoa in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
• In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas, tomatoes, parsley, dates, raisins, and mint.
• Add the quinoa, President Triangle Cheese, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well by tossing gently.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)