You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
For the falafel:
• Dry chickpeas - 2 cups
• Onion, roughly chopped - 1
• Fresh parsley, finely chopped - ¼ cup
• Garlic cloves, minced - 3
• Flour - 2 tbsp
• Salt - 2 tsp
• Cumin powder - 2 tsp
• Coriander powder - 1 tsp
• Black pepper - ½ tsp
• Vegetable oil, for frying
For the sandwich:
• Tomatoes, diced - 2
• Fresh parsley, finely chopped - 1 cup
• Green onion, finely chopped - ½ cup
• Olive oil - 3 tbsp
• Tahini - 1 cup
• President Cheddar Cheese - 6-8 slices
• Mini Arabic/pita bread pieces - 6-8
• Soak the chickpeas overnight in cold water. Drain and rinse well.
• In a food processor, add the chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, flour, salt, cumin, coriander, and black pepper. Mix until you get a rough paste. Pour in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
• Fill a pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
• Make small balls out of the falafel mixture.
• Fry in batches till golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
• In a small bowl, add tomatoes, parsley, green onion and olive oil. Mix well.
• Cut the bread in half to form a pocket. Stuff with two tablespoons of the tomato mixture.
• Add one piece of falafel. Drizzle with tahin and top with one slice of President Cheddar Cheese.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)