You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
Arabic with a modern twist
For the dough:
• Flour - 3 cups
• Corn oil - ½ cup
• Instant yeast - ½ tsp
• Water - 1 cup
• Salt - ½ tsp
• Sugar - ½ tsp
For the filling:
• Minced beef - 250g
• Garlic cloves, minced - 4
• Onion, finely chopped - 1
• Tomatoes, finely chopped - 500g
• Tomato paste - 2 tbsp
• Fresh parsley, finely chopped - ½ cup
• President Cheddar Cheese - 6 slices
• President Emmental Cheese - 6 slices
• President Mozzarella Cheese - 6 slices
• Salt and pepper
• In a large bowl, mix yeast with water and let it stand for a few minutes.
• Whisk in the sugar, oil, and salt. Add the flour and mix until you get a sticky dough.
• Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in it. Brush the top with olive oil. Cover the bowl with nylon wrap and let it rest for 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• In a large bowl, mix the beef with garlic, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine until you get a paste-like mixture. Set aside.
• Make small balls from the dough, and roll each dough ball into a thin, medium-sized circle.
• Add two tablespoons of the meat mixture on each circle. Spread it evenly.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
• Top with three slices of President Cheddar, Emmental and Mozzarella Cheese. Bake again until the cheese melts.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)