You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
Arabic with a modern twist
• President Unsalted Butter - 4 tbsp
• Mirepoix (minced celery, carrots, and onions) - 2 cups
• Garlic cloves, minced - 3
• Salt - ½ tsp
• Flour - ¼ cup
• Milk - 2 cups
• President Cooking Cream - 1 cup
• Chicken broth - 2 cups
• Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed - 2
• President Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 1 cup
• Melt President Unsalted Butter in a pot over medium heat.
• Add the mirepoix, garlic, and salt. Fry until soft.
• Add flour and stir with the vegetables for few minutes.
• Add milk gradually, stirring constantly until smooth and creamy.
• Add President Cooking Cream and stir well.
• Add potatoes, and then gradually add the chicken broth until you get the desired consistency.
• Let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)