You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
For the dough:
• Flour - 3 cups
• Corn oil - ½ cup
• Instant yeast - ½ tsp
• Water - 1 cup
• Salt - ½ tsp
• Sugar - ½ tsp
For the filling:
• President Goat Cheese, crumbled - 2 cups
• Fresh mint, finely chopped - 2 cups
• Olive oil - 2 tbsp
• Mix the yeast with water in a large bowl. Let it stand for a few minutes.
• Whisk in the sugar, oil and salt.
• Add the flour and mix until you get a sticky dough.
• Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in it. Brush the top with olive oil.
• Cover the bowl with nylon wrap and let it rest for 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• In a large bowl, mix President Goat Cheese with mint and olive oil. Set aside.
• Sprinkle the work surface with flour and knead the dough.
• Make small balls from the dough, and roll each dough ball into an oval shape.
• Spread two tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each oval ball.
• Diagonally fold one edge of the dough over the other, and seal properly by pressing the edges gently. Repeat the process with the other edge, leaving an opening in the center to get the shape of a boat.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
• Enjoy a delicious Iftar with your family!
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)