You are using an old version of Internet Explorer.
Some features on presidentarabia.com may not display properly. For the best experience, please update your browser to IE10 and up.
Arabic with a Modern Twist
• President Cream Cheese - 180g
• Warm milk - ¼ cup
• Dry active yeast - 2 tsps
• Sugar - ¼ cup
• Salt - 1 tsp
• All-purpose flour - 3 ½ cups
• President butter, room temperature - 6 tbsps
• Egg x 1
• Yogurt - 2 tbsps
• Warm water - ½ cup
• President Butter, melted -1 tbsp
• Egg x 1
• Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
For Sugar Syrup
• Sugar - 1 cup
• Water - ½ cup
• Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
• Orange blossom - 1 tbsp
• Add the milk, yeast, sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
• Add the flour, butter, egg, and yogurt and mix well.
• Knead the dough, adding warm water, little at a time, until the dough is soft and non-sticky. Cover and leave to rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
• Divide the dough into small balls and roll out into small discs with a rolling pin.
• Fill each disc with 1 tablespoon of President Cream Cheese and fold into small parcels or balls.
• Arrange the cheese balls in a baking dish grease
• Brush the balls with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
• Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
• Prepare the sugar syrup by mixing the sugar and water in a sauce pan, bring to a boil. Add the lemon juice and orange blossom and continue boiling until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
• Pour the cooled sugar syrup over the baked bread.
• Tsp = Teaspoon
• Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)